Bright Life Solutions Blog

Welcome to Bright Life Solutions Blog. Here is where I share some of the life lessons that I have learned. Feel free to comment or share them with others!

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Stop Trying to Figure Stuff Out!!!

Throughout my life, I have witnessed things that have happened to me and to other people and I wonder why.  Why did this happen?  Why did that happen?  Why me? Lord, Why!?!

Over the years, I have learned that sometimes you will never get an answer to your why questions because some things you just do not need to know.  Some things you just have to accept.  Some things you just need to stop trying to figure out.

Recently, I have found myself in a state where I have been trying to stuff out.  Why!?! Why!?! Why!?! Why is this happening? Why is that happening? Asking all those questions ended up leading to a state of frustration, a state of doubt, a state of fear, and a state of insecurity. All because I wanted to understand what's really going on!

There's nothing wrong with trying to understand how stuff works - that's just the engineer in me, that's just the logical side of me.  The problem is that every thing in life is not logical.  Some things are spiritual and logic does not work in the spiritual world no matter how hard you try to figure it out.

There comes a time when you just have to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5) Those times when you really want to know the why are the toughest times to "not" lean on your own understanding.   But God wants us to trust Him and not worry about the why! Why is one question that is never really addressed in the bible.  When we keep focusing on the why, we cause ourselves unnecessary worry, heartache, and pain.  John 14:1 Tells us not to let our hearts be troubled but to trust in God.

It's not always easy to trust God because in our physical world, people can't be trusted and some times without thinking we let that same mindset relate to God.  The bottom line is that people really can not be trusted.  They are going to hurt us, they are going to disappoint us, and some may not even like us although they pretend they do.  It might not always be on purpose but it's going to happen because we are all human.  But God can be trusted!  His words are true.  He's not going to lie.  If He said something, He's definitely going to do it!  His timing might not align with ours but He's going to keep His promises!

When frustration, doubt, fear and insecurities try to rise up in me, I have to knock those thoughts down. (2 Corinthians 10:5)  I have to remember that I am a child of God and that He truly has me in the palm of His hand.  He shows himself worthy of my trust time and time again.  God's thoughts are not my thoughts and His ways are definitely not my ways! (Isaiah 55:8) I must focus my attention and thoughts on things that are true honest, just, pure, lovely and of good report. (Philippians 4:8)

It's definitely not easy and my brain can jump into a decision analysis mode in a heart beat.  But one day with prayer and patience I will ask why very little and I will not let myself get so caught up in my thoughts such that I get frustrated, worried, doubtful, or insecure.  My faith is in God not man and therefore, I must realize that things are not always going to make sense to my mind, but as long as my heart and my spirit are at peace that's all that matters!  Let God handle the why!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a certified Life Coach and owner of Bright Life Solutions.