Bright Life Solutions Blog

Welcome to Bright Life Solutions Blog. Here is where I share some of the life lessons that I have learned. Feel free to comment or share them with others!

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Trap

Last night as I was on Facebook, I almost fell into the "poor me" holiday trap.  I saw that two people that I previously went out with now appear to be in good relationships.  My first thoughts were: What? How is that possible? Did he get himself together? But the Holy Spirit quickly silenced those thoughts and told me that I was right where I needed to be.  Those particular gentlemen were not the best for my life. What a quick save that was because I was headed quickly down the holiday pity-party path!

This incident showed me how quickly you can  fall into the trap that some people do around the holidays.  I can't tell you the number of people I've talked to recently who have  "let the Grinch steal their Christmas" and they end up asking me if the Grinch stole mine yet.  Misery loves company and this year, I refuse to join the ranks of the miserable.  I choose life!

Sure life might not be how I would like it to be and I definitely don't have all of the things that I desire.  One thing is for sure though, all of my needs are met and I have plenty to be thankful for.  Even though I might not be in a relationship, I am blessed to have male friends I can hang out with or talk to on the phone.  I might not be where I want to be but I am right where God wants me. 

This year I choose life! No one can steal my holiday joy because I am not willing to give it up! Choose to find the joy in life and focus on the positive, not the negative!

Hope you have a Blessed and Merry Christmas and a Awesome New Year!

2 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a certified Life Coach and owner of Bright Life Solutions.